Sunday, January 17, 2021

Gifts


Hi There! Today I'm hopping along with the other Growing In Unity artists from the past couple of months. As always, Unity is generously giving away a prize to the lucky winners chosen from the comments left on all of the blogs during this hop. Make sure to follow the links below. 

Speaking of generosity, I decided to create with and feature some of the gifts I have received from Unity. Among them is a little canvas bag that came in one of my membership kits, a cute Gnome that was a freebie a while back, and a large shipping tag. 
 One of my favorite things to create is stuffies. Sweet little felt cuties created by stamping onto felt and sewing them together. They are a labor of love and worth every minute...and pinprick! It's truly a special moment when they're complete, it's like the rubber stamp has come to life. Just look at that little guy! Ahh! I love him!

I also stamped the large heart from Loads of Love. I sewed the design with regular thread then stuffed it up so my little Gnome would have a comfy buddy. 
The canvas bag was stamped using the background sized image from the current KOM and then I traced the designs with embroidery floss. I hope to develop real embroidery skills this year and create some really beautiful things. 
Finally, I channeled the Queen of tags, Angela Magnuson, and dressed up a large shipping tag that came as a gift with one of my orders. Angela just celebrated a birthday, which means great deals are happening at Unity! 
*both stamps I used on the tag are from previous KOM's. Love is from 09/19 & the heart border is from 01/13

That's the blog for today friends! Have a great time hopping and commenting from blog to blog! 
  




30 comments:

  1. Wow - that is very creative and wonderful! Loving that Gnome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! What a fabulous use of stamps - I have never thought of making the images from fibers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! I love what you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so neat. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh....these projects! Amazing doesn't even describe them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how special! Such a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I’ve never seen that done before and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dale Sue, Thank you! I have many others posted on the blog. Click any of the tags or labels that say, felt or stuffie. :)

      Delete
  8. Your creations are amazing! The felt stuffies are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creations are amazing! The felt stuffies are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shannon I love each and every bit that you shared!!! Feeling inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally adorable!!! So creative, love your felt creatures!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful project! Such a blessing to hop with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Shannon, your stuffies are always adorable and I love the stitching on the bag! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fantastic idea, I especially love the wee gnome

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You are so creative! I especially love the gnome and your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGoodness that is amazing! LOVE your 'stuffies' and this gnome is just darling! Great re-use of items. And a lovely card. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the decorated bag! The gnome is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So adorable Shannon! You have really made some cute stuffies with your stamps in the past and this one fits right in! The bag and tag are so cute too! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that little felt guy and the embroidery. Sometimes we put in the extra effort just to make something unique, like this little gnome, and it is totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing another wonderful use of such quality stamps!!!! I learned to embroidery when I was 5 years old, so it is near and dear to my heart! I have thought about stamping on pillow cases or dish towels, just never have, I'm so glad you shared!!! I will need to try! Thanks!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How awesome to use the rubber stamps this way!!! Very adorable! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love seeing other uses with stamps aside from cards. This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh that Unity gnome image is adorable and what a cute little soft gnome stuffie you created with it. I love their stamps and love seeing others use them to help inspire creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Spring!

It's the first Tuesday of April, and I have another color challenge for you! Today's card features the gorgeous Luna moth from Unity...