Monday, April 25, 2022

Welcome back Unity friends!

Time seems to be moving a lot faster; this week snuck up on me! To help me decide on what to feature this week, I asked for suggestions in the FB Unity Show & Tell. I had an idea in mind, but wanted to see what others would be interested in. One of my Unie sisters suggested a theme from my moon collection, that happened to be something I was already thinking about, so I ran with it! 
Another suggestion, was to use Unity background stamps, and that's what we're starting the week with.

For todays cards, I used the beautiful Celestial City background stamp, and an Itty Bitty from Donna Downey called, A Certain Darkness

The first card is stamped with Versamark ink on black linen cardstock, then embossed with gold powder. The entire panel was spritzed with homemade shimmer spray (gold eye shadow, glycerin & alcohol). The sentiment is also embossed in gold on vellum paper, framed in gold from a die cut from Gina Marie Designs. I finished it off with a few gemstones (Amazon nail art). 




The second card uses the same stamps on a panel created with lots of ink blending and paint splatters. It's fun to get messy sometimes! The background image was also stamped with Versamark and embossed with silver powder. I die cut a silver frame and embossed the sentiment in silver on a piece of smoky blue vellum. I spritzed with homemade silver shimmer spray and embellished it with punched stars from the same silver paper and tiny holographic stars (I've had them forever and cannot remember where they're from). I used the little triangel cuts from the frame die to make shooting stars.  






I really ejoyed making these cards. I'm not sure which one is my favorite, I love the monochromatic style of the first card, but also love the fun holographic colors on the second card. Which is your favorite? 
If you are familiar with the GIU week, you know what to do next! If youre not familiar, Unity geneorusly gives a gift card to someone that comments on this blog all week long, so be sure to come back each day! See you tomorrow!
<3 Shannon  




19 comments:

  1. I love both cards, but the holographic one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous!!! love the die cut frame and all the shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both... too hard to choose a favorite! ❤. I'm looking forward to your GIU week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both cards! I had not used my background stamp yet and now you inspired me!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative to use those little cut outs for shooting stars!! Genius. And that card is my favorite (I do love purple!), but both are just gorgeous. And very interesting about the homemade shimmer sprays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards! I love the sentiment and backgrounds! The second one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Shannon! These are just fab!! You found a perfect sentiment to go with the background! I love them both but the holographic one is my favorite! Love how you salvaged those bits to use for shooting stars! So creative of you my Unie Sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are gorgeous, I love them both, but the second one is my favorite!!!
    Great start of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, love the backgrounds!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these cards and that saying. Beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't go wrong with shiny backgrounds on a dark solid color. Both are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards! I look forward to the rest of your moon week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the fun sparkle of these cards! The sentiment is a favorite and the frame around it is so cool. Homemade shimmer spray is such a great idea, I can't wait to try making some. The more the shimmer the better and if I can use things around the home and make it myself, all the better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hard to pick a favorite - I love both cards. I love the theme of hope and focus on the celestial!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWZA! LOVE THE SHIMMER! GREAT pairing!!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so pretty😍 love all the metallics and shimmer. Great background!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both are so pretty, but maybe I prefer the silver one

    ReplyDelete

Happy Spring!

It's the first Tuesday of April, and I have another color challenge for you! Today's card features the gorgeous Luna moth from Unity...