Thursday, October 12, 2023



Happy Thursday firends! My shares for today are quick and simple! 
I have loved seeing the thrifted paintings that people are haunting and have wanted to try it. However, I don't have enough confidence with a paintbrush but I sure can stamp, so why not!? I tried it and it worked! After coloring and cutting out the ghost   I added a thin magnet to the back of it and placed it where I wanted it on my painting then I carefully added another, stronger magnet to the back of the painting directly behind the ghost to hold it in place. This little ghost has been a big surprise to visitors. It's been funny seeing them go up the painting to check it out closer. I want to add more little holiday touches like this to all the paintings!


Up next I have another little surprise, a little plant I call Audrey & Rose. 
When I was stamping my daughter's birthday card, I noticed that the shape of the simplicity leaf reminded me of Audrey 2 from Little Shop Of Horrors. 
I turned on the movie and went to work creating this mini-version. My old pinking shears came in handy for the teeth. I used a couple ginkgo leaves around the heads and added the texture markings with a grunge stamp. Then I added palm leaves, plant leaves, twisted paper, and moss to fill in the base. It was done before the movie was over. Now I have a cute, freaky plant for my desk during Halloween! 

I hope you liked today's shares! Don't forget to comment! Someone will get Unity moola! 
See you tomorrow! 


 



10 comments:

  1. I am so excited every day to see your GIU posts...Yes you never fail to give me inspiration...it helps that the Halloween season is my favorite, because it is so fun. These projects again are awesome and spark in me my semi-creativeness. Thanks for the showing such awesome creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally surprised me!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative! I absolutely love the ghost on the picture. It is perfect and fabulous and scary all wrapped in one. And the plant is hilarious, cool and so unique. Love that you took stamping to another level, thank you for your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun and creative! I love these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, love that little ghost on the paining, how fun!!! I guess next time it will be a snowman? The plant is so creative!!!! Never would have thought about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for the ghost, or another stamped image for different occasions! Love it!
    Your Audrey plant is so fun too. I actually named my sourdough starter Audrey, because she says "Feed me!!!"..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your haunted painting...I've loved this trend also but haven't gotten to a thrift shop to look for a painting to alter. I so want to do it now after seeing your little ghost haunting the lake. Your little house plant is great too...I need to watch that movie now - LOL!! Great makes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Shannon, your creativity is coming in super hot!! Such awesome projects!! I love the magnet idea on the painting allowing you to change up the scenery for each season!! Your plant is pretty awesome too!! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that little ghost on your painting!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Spring!

It's the first Tuesday of April, and I have another color challenge for you! Today's card features the gorgeous Luna moth from Unity...