Monday, March 9, 2020

Overly Inspired


I've had some pleasant life changes recently, things are finally in our favor.
We moved over the holiday season. It took months of searching, lots of disappointment and eventually the perfect one for us appeared. We feel so at home here and believe it is the perfect place for us. Now that I'm recovered from the move, holidays and illnesses, my art room is set up and full of light and inspiration!
I currently have several projects going at once and I hope to rein in the flow of creativity to a steady stream rather than a flood that runs dry just as quickly. In effort to do just that I am working on a personal weekly project. The project is small with big benefits as I'm finding that working on it is almost like a warm up phase for other projects.
Along with that, I have several other items begun. I'm working a year in advance for upcoming events throughout 2020, It feels good to have a plan in place. I've always been a "procraftinator" and worked great under pressure. Lately, I've found that I'm no longer able to enjoy the creative process while rushing to get it done. It's nice to play and experiment with have time to change things if need be.
One of the first creations from the new art room was this personalized frame for my niece. She turned 14 and is into gothic style skulls and villians. No problem, right?

I used a couple different stamps sets, silver embossing, glitter and silver leafing. Her name was cut several times and stacked for dimension. I spritzed it all over with shimmer spray and added it to a 5x7 frame. It's so cool in person! Lots of shine and shimmer, with so many little hidden images to look for. I love how it turned out and thankfully, so did she.
I went in the opposite direction for her card and used holographic embossing powders to highlight the skulls repeatedly stamped throughout the background. The skulls continue inside the card and onto the envelope as well. I decided to use the leftovers to make a gift tag.
I really enjoy themed gifts like this. I was excited to receive a request for a dinosaur themed gift set for a party this spring so watch for that one! 



Stamps used:
Framed piece
Skull - Inkadinkadoo Halloweenscapes
Flourishes - Rhonna Farrar for Autumn Leaves
Flourishes with words - I lost the packaging & cannot recall the manufacture
Card
Smaller skull - TAC
Sentiments - Unity
Name
SNC


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love the altered frame! The skull is beautiful too, but that frame really sends it over the top!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Spring!

It's the first Tuesday of April, and I have another color challenge for you! Today's card features the gorgeous Luna moth from Unity...