Sunday, January 13, 2019

Unity Hop!

Hello! I'm so happy you've stopped by!


The featured artists from the past several months are blog hopping for Unity Stamp Co. It is also Angela Magnuson's birthday! Happy Birthday, Angela!

I had fun playing and experimenting with my creations for this post.
Did you know Unity has collaborative kits with Gina K? The most recent is their Wreath Builder templates.

It's been said that you can create a wreath/circular design with practically any stamp. Oh, ya?! Challenge accepted! I blindly, no relation to Birdbox, grabbed a stamp. Jalapeno Business... Hmmm, well, ok then! Sure enough, my Jalapeno's were aligned perfectly and look pretty darn cute as a wreath, Ha! who would have thought!?
              
The Jalapenos are colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol. Their stems are heat embossed with tinsel powder. The background was smoked up with some black soot distress oxide. I accented it all with glittery gel pens, green hearts and finished it off with a bakers twine bow. The sentiment was created on my computer.

Next, I wanted to try out an idea I came across on Pinterest. Of course, Unity has a stamp for that...
I used, Other Side of Fear to recreate the design that inspired me. Clear acetate keeps my whale in place while the boat rests gently atop the edge of the page. This size is perfect for any type of book.
            

       

One more little thing... On Christmas day, I hinted to an idea I had for the Abominable Cuddlebug. Well, I tried it out and Chewbacca passed nerd approval! Hahaha!! 
I also tried out my stuffie idea on Maria Girl and she is beautiful! 
I hope you liked what you've seen here and have a great time hopping along with us today! Follow the links below and be sure to comment on each Unity hop blog post in order to qualify for the generous prize from Unity!
                                 


You are here --> Shannon Horch
Traci Cooley

Jeanette Cloyd
Teri Coady
Kristina Corzatt Mackeen
Samantha Jackson-Houp
Mary Kay Werry
Sari Aavamkai

33 comments:

  1. so glad to see you do the wreath builder. What a great card. and you other ideas - how cool is that. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. peppers make for a unique wreath card and I like the whale bookmark.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT post!!! The peppers card is so stinkin' cute! Love the other ideas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pepper card is awesome! I really need to get the wreath builder your card shows the possibilities are endless with it. I also love your felt creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The jalapeno wreath card is really cute! Also loved the bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! I love the jalapenos with the wreath builder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are just amazing - what a fun wreath card, and the bookmark is such a fun idea too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the whale bookmark, and so in love with Chewbacca! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome projects! I just ordered the wreath builder so loved seeing out you used it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your chili wreath rocks, love your whale dangle and your stuffies are phenomenal. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. The jalapeño wreath is fantasticly whimsical and I love how you use stamps with fabric to make stuffies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chewbacca is adorable!! And the bookmark is a great idea, going to CASE it for my daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don’t know which I like best! But I have to get those wreath builder templates when my no spending year is over!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Love the wreath builder card. Very creative with jalapeno's. The book markers are amazing. I love the whale stamp. And your lil sewing critters and that angel are just amazing. So creative and talented you are. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea for the wreath builder template. I do not know how it works, but looks amazing! Wow- the bookmark is quite cool! Very neat design. And, the angel- swoon! I have to read back and see how you do those- that is soooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love the wreathe builder... I have the set and have tried twice... cant wait to find more time to work with it... I would never have thought to try jalapenos . Great job. I am a collector of book markers... I will have to try that one... It is sooooooo cute... tyfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful projects! I really love the Wreath Builder idea and can't wait to try the templates! Also love your awesome bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bought the wreath builder...but can’t find them in the mess that’s my craft room! 😱😱😱

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love your amazing stuffies. I can't believe how much they look just like the stamp. I love the whale bookmark. I am going to try this. Pepper stamp is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun, fun, FUN post!! I love your Chewbacca!! So creative. And the whale … love that idea, too. Thanks so much for some fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowzers! What awesome projects! I totally NEED the wreath builder set - you can do so much with it! Love the hot pepper "wreath" idea...and your other projects are amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice cards... I've been wondering how the wreath Builder worked. Thank you for sharing. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eeek!! That jalepeno card is hilarious and your Chewbacca stuffie is ridiculously cute! I always love your creativity, and you never fail to impress!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of these projects are amazing! Girl...you need at least an etsy shop!! Especially for all those adorable felt plush creatures!!! Love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Incredible. I'm obsessed with that bookmark idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous projects! I love the felt creations!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow--lots of creative projects. Love the bookmark idea.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Spring!

It's the first Tuesday of April, and I have another color challenge for you! Today's card features the gorgeous Luna moth from Unity...