Tuesday, December 25, 2018

It's Christmas Day!

Merry Christmas!
It's such a relief this day is finally here! I've been practically bursting to share today's project!
I am absolutely giddy with excitement over these sweet little stuffies I made for loved ones using Unity Stamps! eeeek!
Once that lightbulb moment happened, I could not stop seeing possiblities and creating more of them.

I stamped the images onto felt, using regular inks & white craft ink on the darker felt shades. I then cut each piece out, assembled their layers and sewed them together. I simply used thread to add the eyes and details, then stuffed them with cotton. If you are familiar with paper piecing you'll have no problem recreating these. The Snow, Snow Cute man has bead eyes, wire arms and a cardinal fashioned from a red pompom with a seed bead beak.
The Abominable Snowman has faux fur and an arsenal of pompom snowballs. I'm working on a different version of him! Stay tuned to a future post!
The Puppy is a recreation of my own dog, Koni & the brown "Loyally Yours" dog looks like my dog, Charlie. :)
The Penguin was made for a special needs toddler, I lined the tummy with a bit of plastic from a water bottle so it would make crinkling sounds. :)

These were perfect stocking stuffers for my kids and baby granddaughter. The teddy bear fits her nearly 1-year-old hands perfectly. They can be used as ornaments too, simply sew a loop on the back for the hanger.
I'm so proud of these! I could go on and on. They are simply adorable and truly limitless! I have ideas for so many more!


Here's a closer peek. Note, I am a novice at sewing. :)

Here is a list of images I used:
Cuddlebug Teddy Bear
Abominable Snowman 
Snow, Snow Cute
Cuddlebug Puppy
Cuddlebug Penguin 
Cuddlebug Fox
Loyally Yours  


I'm so glad you were able to peek in at today's project! hope you are as excited about these cuties as I am. Be sure to leave a comment each day this week to be included in the prize drawing at the end of the week. For an extra entry, tell me what kit would you create one of these Felt Stuffies with? Want another entry? Simply share this post on your favorite social media platform and let me know where to find it.

32 comments:

  1. Noooooooooooooooooo way!! These are stunning, and adorable, and cute!! i want one!!! LOL!!
    Love them all, gorgeous project Shannon!! I have no words for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing. You did a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon these are such a great idea and you are quite a seamstress as well as an stamp artist. Love how you personalized them for each of your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! These are the coolest things! I've long been a fan of anything by Tierra but these make me think I need to expand my Cuddlebug collection! How adorable! Love when artists come up with a new idea to share with those of us who are pretty much stuck inside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these ARE exciting and so fun and oh so cute!! Awesome job creating them. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super impressed and so adorable! I have 3 favorites, but I’d ultimately go with the penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the most amazing things I've ever seen. So adorable. I want one! You should sell these on Etsy. Merry Christmas, Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!! These are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing idea and keep sake project. I’m sure they were a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just charming!
    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa Shannon, you've outdone your self with this week as GIU gal! These are just adorable and I never would have guessed you used stamps for the patterns. I never got around to making a baby's 1st Christmas ornament for my newest grandchild, a boy, so now I need to go through my larger stamps and see what I can find. LOVE these so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! These are absolutely adorable!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are amazing!!! It's like you brought the stamps to life! Love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are absolutely amazing. They look exactly like the stamps. I didn't know this was possible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A brilliant idea! They are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m just blown away by your talent!! Tierra has got to see these!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one of the best ideas I have seen!! I love the little stuffiest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very cute idea! Love the little puppy!
    --Phaline Mays

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! How adorable! No, I AM below a novice at sewing...you are way way above that. These are so amazing. Just precious. Your grandkids will adore these. Just wonderful and so so creative! They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a unique way to use your stamps! I will definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those ornaments are spectacular!!! Love them all. Not just saying that....i really really do. You've got some mad sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love the way you personalized some of these ornaments to match your dogs. These are the cutest ever, and I can't believe you aren't an experienced stitcher after seeing these. Your creativity blows me away!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am completely blown away by your creativity. They are wonderful and will be something you can use for years.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness! This is the best idea ever! You created the cutest little things...and who would have thought it all started with some red rubber stamps?!?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Most unique projects for GIU EVER! YOU'RE AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How fun that you turned the cuddlebug stamps into stuffed critters. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are so adorable and wonderfully creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful idea and you executed it beautifully! I loved these!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Spring!

It's the first Tuesday of April, and I have another color challenge for you! Today's card features the gorgeous Luna moth from Unity...