Tuesday, October 10, 2023

My Cabinet of Curiosities

Hello Tuesday! Welcome back for day two of my GIU week. 
Today is my daughter's 19th birthday. Happy Birthday Ellyana! Saturday we will celebrate with a fancy dinner at home. Her birthday card this year wears the colors she requested for her celebration. Sage (her favorite color), Gold and White. I added a touch of black for contrast. 
The sets I used are Simplicity and Gingko Greetings. The Happy Birthday die is from Waffle Flower, a gift from my son for my birthday.




Now, onto the fun spooky goodies! I'm not usually as into Halloween as I have been this year. I was really feeling the season and put out our decorations in August! I've been adding a little more here and there, I even decided to haunt an old dollhouse! I had a lot of fun coming up with ideas for this week. Today I'm sharing a couple potion bottles I made to add to my growing collection. If you follow me on social media you might have seen the ones I made last year as well as the ones for Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day! 
This year my bottles have a new home. And an old shelf that was destined for the junk pile until I realized its potential. I cleaned it up, rubbed it down with bronze paste, and added some metal trim and lights. It's a big hit with all the kids! Anyway! Onto the bottles, I added. First, October Moon, anytime you want to see the big, gorgeous glowing moons of October, use this potion. I created the band from a border punch. The moon phases and the lid moon are from the retired Look Up and Get Lost SMAK kit. The tag features the word October from the June-December bullet journaling kit. It is foiled with deco foil. The word Moon is from the itty bitty called Sun, Moon, and Stars.  Also on the tag are fibers, wire, a pumpkin eyelet (!), and a bead with stars.

  


Up next is a fun one for me. My daughter went to Disneyland and all I got was this empty Sprite bottle that she paid $8 for! LOL! She knows her Mama well. I knew I wanted to use it for a powerful potion. The darkest of magic must be locked with a vault-style lid, a hand to remind you of your mortality, and chains for good measure. Whoever opens this must be absolutely, positively ready to encounter the strongest forces there are. This one is the only liquid potion in my cabinet. It was created the same way I make my own shimmer sprays. Alcohol, Gylicerin, and Perfect Pearls or loose eye shadows. I also added black star confetti. The label is from the Happy, Thankful, and Blessed KOM 9/14. 





Here they are inside the cabinet. 
Let me know if you enjoyed this post by leaving me a comment and I will add your name to my sorting hat for the prize drawing! Have a great day! 





11 comments:

  1. Great projects... the birthday card is absolutely gorgeous! I would never have thought to use these two stamps together. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great projects! Your card is awesome!!! Love thevyellows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many awesome projects! And now I want my own Cabinet of Curiosities!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is gorgeous, happy birthday to Ellyana!!!! And wow, I love your potion cabinet!!!! It is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is gorgous! Great combo of stamps and I love how you incorporated your Unity potion labels into your cabinet of curiosities! Such a fun display!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great creations,the card is fantastic with the fussy cut gingko leaves...what a great touch!!! I absolutely LOVE your potion bottles and shelf...Halloween is my favorite season (yes a whole season/month) I am so inspired by all today's creatons...Thank you❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card for your daughter, and awesome Halloween makes! Love the decorated cabinet project! It looks fabulous! I love Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the birthday card for your daughter and WOW!! Your potion bottles are fascinating!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your daughter! The card you made is so beautiful and elegant in these colors. I love the gingko stamp set too. The sparkle and shine on the Halloween tag and cup decor is so festive and fun and creative. the hand on the potion is enough to scare me away and I will not go near to open. How fun is that!!! I love the decorations and you made me excited to get out mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your daughter had a great birthday, and i loved her card. I'm not into decorating for Halloween, but I do appreciate all of your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous projects! I love your shelf and the awesome decor on it!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Spring!

It's the first Tuesday of April, and I have another color challenge for you! Today's card features the gorgeous Luna moth from Unity...