Thursday, December 27, 2018

Pickles and Beer

Did that title make you scratch your head? Ha! I ended up making a couple of unconventional Christmas cards for the unique loves in my life.
My teen daughter has developed a borderline unhealthy obsession with dill pickles recently. Unity's pickle jar stamp made this years card for her, humorous and extra memorable. I suspended the jar in the center of an oval. It spins and wobbles when it's opened.
The beer card was created for my Granddaughters daddy. He made it through his first season of fatherhood! Cheers! ;) He also likes trying out different IPA's so I thought it would be a fun card for him.

       

                   
The background of both cards was created with the pine sprig from Winter Blessings. I used that kit a lot this year. It's so versatile for this time of year. 
The pickle jar is double sided and has a bit of paper piecing. The beer was accented with Wink of Stella for that frosty mug effect. I cheated a bit and used my computer to alter a couple of Unity sentiments in order to create exactly what I wanted. I used "Cheers to New Beginnings" from the sentiment kit called You Can & You Will and "Wishing you a blessed Winter a merry Christmas, & a happy New Year" sentiment from Winter Blessings. 
Don't forget to leave a comment each day for a chance at winning some Unity stamps! For an extra entry today tell me which kit you used over and over this season. Cheers to you all! 


25 comments:

  1. Very fun cards! Love the Winter Blessings set you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are amazing! Love the pickle spinner card. I love nearMt. Olive NC and the would be a great card for them! Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, such great cards! I really love the pickle spinner card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great FUN cards. Can't beat beer!!! love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both projects. I especially love the creative use of colour with the pine needles! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards - the pine branch is so versatile, and you have made great use of it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! Love the non-traditional style - certainly makes them stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't make my own Christmas cards - thank you Shutterfly - but the stamp set I keep reaching for lately is "You are Forever Beautiful."

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! What did you use to make it spin?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on photographing the wink of stella on the beer mug! It is not easy to do for sure. lol Awesome and fun cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool. Love that stamp set. Just wonderful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shannon, I love the spinning pickle jar! My most used set this holiday season was Cheerful Prancing! Such great sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever and special! Love the spinning jar idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fun cards! They are so unique and personal - I love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the personalized Christmas cards and the designs are just beautiful as well as unique. That frosty mug effect is spot-on, and I noticed it right away. The beer mug card is so striking, and that spinning pickle jar...oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the cards with humor! They are so much fun. I have this set of sprigs and I am excited to try pairing it with something completely different. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that these cards were so personally inspired. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fun! I love humor cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic cards!! Love the beer one!! have to remind this card for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eek! I can't decide which one is my favorite but that pickle jar cracks me up. These cards are the perfect combination of beauty and laughs. What a great week of really fun projects from you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards and I love that they are special for the special ones in your life. I also like the white pine needles on the black. They are striking.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute cards! Love the pickle jar and how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Spring!

It's the first Tuesday of April, and I have another color challenge for you! Today's card features the gorgeous Luna moth from Unity...