Monday, June 10, 2024

Spin Art!

 Hi everyone! 

This week is Unity week! I sure had fun creating all the cards I will share this week and I hope you all enjoy them and get inspired. 

If you comment each day you’ll receive the opportunity to win a generous Unity store credit worth $20.   

Spin Art is something Moon and I love to do together. You might notice our little machine is very well loved. Have you ever tried Spin Art? I think those colorful circles are perfect backgrounds for the Scaredy Cat cards I’m sharing today. 

I adore these funny cats and really like how the Cheers & Confetti sentiments look with them. 
The cats were colored with my new Ohuhu alcohol markers I received for Mama’s day. I’ve finally conquered my markers fear and love the results these have. I do need a lot of practice & I’ll get there!
After the cats were colored, I accented them with shimmery gel pens. I loooove gel pens. I always use them in my creations. They’re great for highlights, eyes and adding texture to furry critters. I added some angle shots so you can see the textures. 
 





Today’s final card features the hilarious, and relatable sentiment from Snarky Cat Thoughts

Each card was embellished with whole sequins Unity offered a few years back.   



Let me know what you think! I look forward to reading your comments. 

See you tomorrow! 

Shannon

24 comments:

  1. Those circles do make a great background. Love the texture on the cats. I've yet to get great results from using alcohol markers. Qudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! That comment was me - Chris Shuman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea of the spinner. I have a spirograph and now I know how to put it to good use with my stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve always loved the Spirograph and have used the designs on my cards. You will love the results!

      Delete
  4. Love those cats! You capture a lot of texture with your technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, these backgrounds are amazing!! I think I have a spin thing , is yours with batteries or just a manual pull thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ Hi Sweet Sandra! ❤️ This one is battery operated. Get yours out and play! I cant wait to see your designs!

      Delete
    2. will see if the manual spin works too!!

      Delete
  6. They do make awesome backgrounds; love that! Those kitty's are all so adorable with their scaredy looks. Great sentiments, too. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the spinny designs!!!😲
    Where does one buy one of those "tools"? Lol 😆
    Your cat cards are adorable!!
    I Iove the texture 😊
    And I love that you spend time bonding with your granddaughter making fun creations, too 🥰💖 Michelle Lorenz ✨️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! 🥰
      Would you believe me if I told you I found that machine at a thrift store!? Still in its unopened box! 🫢

      Delete
  8. Love these pretty backgrounds for the cute kitties! Fun cards!
    I did do some spin art many years ago! Had that and a Spirograph too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on this weeks featured GIU - Love these cards, they are so fun and colorful. The spin art does make a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool idea! Looks great with that stamp
    Karen adams

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these colorful and cool cards. Your inspiration from the spin wheel was 👍. Looking forward to the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love using unusual tools, spin art, for cards. Yours are cards are great. Can’t wait to see more.
    Wanda Hart

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun idea

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those backgrounds! Thanks for fixing so I can comment! I am looking forward to seeing your creations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those spin art backgrounds are the cat’s meow!!! Such fun cute cards! 😊❤️🐈‍⬛

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never done spin art, but you sure got some great backgrounds! Love these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable cards! I love the spin art backgrounds! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Finally catching up tonight on your GIU week!! Loving the texture on these cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So creative and adorable. I had a spin art about 45 years ago back in the late 70's. I wish I still had it.

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Summer Days

 When I saw the July photo for the Tuesday color challenge I swooned. It’s a dream photograph of a perfect moment.  Despite my multiple att...