Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Day 3


I was introduced to Art Journaling a couple years ago while seeking to expand my artistic abilities. I discovered it was a prefect blend of skill and therapy. I love it. I've met quite a few other artist through Facebook groups dedicated to art journaling. One group is a "paint and pass." Each person has a journal and sends it to group members who then create art in it and pass it to the next person. This group had no theme, just create art.
I had just started working in a fellow artists journal the week I received a Unity grab bag I had ordered. My creativity was a little slow to flow on the pages, so I set it aside and went through the grab bag. It contained a few artsy pieces, a dotted border, a paint swoosh, encouraging words and a heart, all of which started to spark inspiration. I have no idea why, but the heart made me think of the bleeding heart plant, so I decided to create one. I was also inspired to create the little bit that hangs from the flower and a leaf by cutting a piece of excess rubber into their shapes.

So many materials went into these pages, it was like a mad scientists lab. A little of this and little of that... Paint, Ink, Glue, Markers and more. All the images on the bleeding heart page are Unity Stamps. The Butterfly is from the Keep Wild kit. The sentiment "dont be pushed..." Is from a Unity & Donna Downey kit called Empowered Words . "PROVE them wrong" and SHE is a Masterpiece on the other page are also from Donna Downey kit called, As I See It
The remaining stamps were all in the grab bag: Paint swoosh(white) Dotted border, Heart, Be Fearless. As well as many others I haven't used yet.

The woman was hand drawn and painted. She is accented with shimmery goodness the camera didn't pick up so I took a little video for movement.
There's a little surprise for the Art Journal owner. These pages glow in the dark. :) It was a challenge to get a photo, I'll tell ya!
Want to win a Unity grab bag of your own? Comment on all the post here from my week as a GIU Girl. TWO lucky people will win a grab bag of 25 fabulous red rubber Unity images. 
Thanks for stopping by! See you Tomorrow!

27 comments:

  1. This is art! So beautifully done! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love it it's so unique yet beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stunning! You do beautiful work.
    I've bought an art journal, but haven't started I yet...
    thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your page and all the different elements you added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your art journal! So creative!!! That is extra cool to have the glow in the dark images!😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Art journaling has been my new direction as well, you your project is inspiring! Just got my Unity order today, including 3 mixed media sets. Can't wait to play. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of you making the bleeding heart flowers from hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beautiful art journal page is even more impressive when you took us through the process. Love that you made your bleeding heart flowers from heart images, and hand drew the woman. Glow in the dark completes the magic, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pages! I love the bleeding heart flowers you created and the butterfly! The glow in the dark page is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your journal is very cool. I can't believe it glows in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I have heard of art journaling before but must admit I did not know what it was. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work! Great idea about the "pass it on journaling", I might try something like that around here too. You are a true artist, your color choices, positioning of the stamps, drawing etc. You really do have an eye for this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative! I like the colors you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Makes me want to try something new. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are great journal pages! Love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty. You are so talented. I need to let go and try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bleeding hearts. Another plant I had many years ago.
    The glow-in-the-dark is a fun idea.
    Great pages.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful and I love those hearts used as flowers. Your journaling page is really impressive, and not something I would even try to make! All those rich colors really create an uplifting project that is bound to impress.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cool. I like how you included Bleeding Heart. Nice...

    ReplyDelete

Happy Spring!

It's the first Tuesday of April, and I have another color challenge for you! Today's card features the gorgeous Luna moth from Unity...